San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum will be reopening in a limited capacity beginning April 27 for museum members and May 11 for the general public.
For this initial phase of reopening, the museum will be operating outdoors-only in the Discovery Garden. According to a spokesman, the museum plans to reopen the indoor exhibit hall in the near future.
The updated visitor experience includes the following:
- Tickets must be reserved online in advance for all guests.
- All guests ages 2+ must wear a face covering at all times.
- The Museum has new procedures and increased cleaning practices to keep guests and staff healthy and safe while onsite.
- All guests and staff will be required to do a symptoms check before entering the Museum.
- Guest capacity will be limited during this initial stage of reopening to 25% of regular capacity.
- Social distancing between family groups is strongly encouraged and adults must stay with their children at all times.
- Multiple hand washing and sanitizing stations are available throughout the Museum.
Following this initial reopening phase, the Museum plans to reopen its indoor exhibit hall in the near future.
The San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum is located at 320 N. Broadway, Escondido (across the street from Grape Day Park. For operating hours and tickets, visit: sdcdm.org