The Escondido History Center is gearing up for its big event of the year, the Grape Day Festival on October 7, 2–8 p.m. at the center, located at Grape Day Park.
This year’s theme is “Party like it’s 1908”—that’s the year of the very first Grape Day.
“This is the oldest celebration in and of Escondido. We hope that our community will come out to support the Escondido History Center and enjoy this fun, family event!” said Stacey Ellison, director of the History Center.
She added, “We have a lot of stuff for kids to do. It’s a fundraiser for us, so yes, please, come and support us!”
The Escondido History Center is located in Grape Day Park at 321 N. Broadway, Escondido.
Call the center at 760-743-8207 or visit www.escondidohistory.org/
Schedule of events.
Entertainment (on the main stage):
• 2-2:45 p.m. Georgia’s Dance Studio
• 3-3:45 p.m. Native American Bird Singers
• 4-4:45 p.m. Joslyn Sr. Center (Oasis) Line Dancers
• 5-5:45 p.m. Whirlaways Square Dancing Group
• 6-6:45 p.m. Rhapsody Singers
• 7-8:00 p.m. The Classics (Rock n Roll Band)
Other entertainment & Fun Zone activities:
• Dr. Bronner’s Magic Foam Truck (get covered in magic foam from head to foot!)
• Bounce Houses/Jumpers
• Face Painting
• Photo Booths
• Magic Sand Art (3 p.m. – 4 p.m.)
• Kids Games
• Pie Eating Contest (Sponsored by Marie Callender’s) – times and prizes to be announced.
• Grape Stomp (be like Lucy)
• Raffle with prizes like: dinner with the Escondido Fire Chief for Six, $230 basket from The Sculpture Salon, Disney Basket worth over $600, Photography gifts, tickets to events and galleries, and so much more!
Food & Drink
• Beer & Wine Garden, sponsored Stumblefoot Brewery and Rotary After 5
• American Legion Hamburgers & Hots Dogs
• Muscle Bch Gourmet Sausages
• Rita’s Ice
• Wild West Kettle Korn
• Chili Cook Off (between Escondido PD/Escondido Fire/Escondido History Center), judged by Royce Moore and John Paul the Great’s Catholic University, Vice President Dr. Connolly (one more judge to be announced)
Escondido PD SWAT Vehicle
Escondido Fire Department’s Old Betsey
Rancho Bernardo Mud Wagon (photo opportunities)
Sponsors include: Grangetto’s, Major Market, Stumblefoot Brewery, Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soap, Baker Electric, Inner Space Designs, Patio Playhouse, San Pasqual Band of Mission Indians, Marie Callender’s. Private sponsors include Bob Wilson (Champagne Level Donor,) Karen Nelson (Champagne Level Donor,) Ben & Edie Hillebrecht, Pam Reger and Bob & Ruth Magrum