The Escondido Chocolate Festival “A Tasting Affair” located in Historic Downtown Escondido is returning Saturday, February 9, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Bring your sweetheart or just your sweet tooth to Downtown Escondido to enjoy the “For The Love of Chocolate” Escondido Chocolate Festival. Stroll in and out of 24 participating restaurants, shops and spas in beautiful Historic Downtown Escondido, while sampling chocolates paired with local fine wines and craft beers.
• Gourmet Chocolates & Chocolate themed tastings from participating restaurants
• Local fine wines, craft beer, champagne (sparkling wine) and spirit pairings
• Free long stemmed roses (while supplies last), compliments of Simply Adina Floral Design
• Free pedi-cab rides compliments of Design MOE Kitchen & Bath and Stone & Glass
• Free entertainment barber shop quartet
• Free glass blowing demonstrations by Stone & Glass
• Valentine treats, specials and treatments at downtown spas, restaurants and retail locations
• 2nd Saturday Arts & Culture: free entry. Many downtown galleries and museums, feature art from both world-renowned and emerging artists, along with workshops and exhibit openings, live music and refreshments.
• Sweet raffle drawings from local businesses
• Separate chocolate making classes available for $25 by D’Liteful Chocolat at Cute Cakes Bakery & Café
HOW IT WORKS:
Attendees purchase a ticket “Passport” which includes a 1) tasting glass, 2) bag filled with swag, coupons and information from participating Grand Avenue businesses and 3) map indicating each “Tasting Location.” Attendees obtain their “Passport” from “Will Call” located on Maple Street Plaza and then leisurely stroll, to each of the 24 tasting locations to sample chocolate or a chocolate themed tasting paired with wine, beer or champagne. Attendees must drink any alcoholic beverages prior to leaving each location which allows them to meander through and get familiar with each business while enjoying their chocolate adventure.
Only 350 Tickets will be sold for this deliciously fun event. Last year’s festival sold out the day before the event. Tickets are discounted at $40 until 5 p.m. on February 8 OR $50 at Will Call on February 9.
Designated Driver (No Alcohol) Tickets are $30 until 5pm February 8 OR $40 at Will Call on February 9.
This event typically attracts 350 attendees, age 25-60 from Escondido and neighboring cities. Both couples, as well as groups of friends with “Sweet Tooth’s” are drawn to this event. They are chocolate eating, often wine and beer drinking, friendly people who like to experience something different, all the while, supporting small local businesses.