City council member and Deputy Mayor Consuelo Martinez will be a panelist on the San Diego Leaders North County Town Hall on Thursday, March 14 Escondido City Hall – Mitchell Room. The City Hall is located at 201 N. Broadway.
At the event, Martinez will discuss the importance of diversity, inclusion and representation in North County San Diego, as well as how residents can drive positive change through their local boards and commissions.
On its website San Diego Leaders describes itself as “made up of social equity/justice organizations from the San Diego community.” The purpose of the Town Hall is described this way: “Most of San Diego’s population is people of color. But most of our decision-makers on boards and commissions are white, male and economically advantaged. It’s time to evolve San Diego’s government into a democracy by the people, for the people. At this town hall, you’ll learn how to help more people have a seat at the table — maybe even you.”
The Town Hall will run from 6–8 p.m.
6 p.m. Networking with Refreshments and Heavy Appetizers
6:30 p.m. Program Begins
Simultaneous interpretation will be available by request.
Other Town Hall speakers will include:
• Michelle Tran (moderator), vice president of CSUSM Student and University Affairs Board of Directors and Student Commissioner.
• Max Disposti (panelist), appointed vice president of the California State Board of Behavioral Sciences, Oceanside Public Library board member, and former Oceanside City Commissioner.
• Jay Franklin (panelist), commissioner, Parks & Recreation Commission for the City of San Marcos.
• Consuelo Martinez (panelist), Deputy Mayor and former community services commissioner of Escondido
• Cipriano Vargas (panelist), Vista school board member.
This town hall is the third of four to be held across the San Diego region, all hosted by San Diego Leaders.
Learn more at facebook.com/SanDiegoLeaders.