The Escondido Chocolate Festival’s “A Tasting Affair” will be held in Historic Downtown Escondido Saturday, February 10, 1 – 5. p.m.
Bring your sweetheart or just your sweet tooth to Downtown Escondido to enjoy the “For The Love of Chocolate” Escondido Chocolate Festival. Stroll through Downtown Escondido to 24 participating restaurants, shops and spas while sampling chocolates paired with local fine wines and craft beers. Or take a romantic horse-drawn carriage ride down Historic Grand Avenue and see free Glass Blowing Demonstrations by Stone & Glass.
• Gourmet Chocolates & Chocolate Themed Tastings from Participating Restaurants
• Local Fine Wines & Craft Beer pairings
• Free Long Stemmed Roses (while supplies last), compliments of 2 Blushing Blooms (Major Market) Florist
• Free Romantic Horse Drawn Carriage Rides compliments of Design MOE Kitchen & Bath
• Free Glass Blowing Demonstrations by Stone & Glass
• Valentine Treats, Specials & Treatments at Downtown spas, restaurants & retail locations
• 2nd Saturday Art Walk: Free Entry. Many downtown galleries and museums, feature art from both world-renown and emerging artists, along with workshops and exhibit openings, live music and refreshments.
• Raffle drawings from local businesses valued at over $1,200.
HOW IT WORKS:
Attendees purchase a ticket “Passport” which includes a 1) tasting glass, 2) bag filled with swag, coupons and information from participating Grand Avenue Businesses and 3) map indicating each “Tasting Location”.
Attendees obtain their “Passport” from “Will Call” located on Maple Street Plaza and then leisurely stroll, to each of the 24 tasting locations to sample chocolate or a chocolate themed tasting paired with wine, beer or champagne. Attendees must drink any alcoholic beverages prior to leaving each location which allows them to meander through and get familiar with each business while enjoying their chocolate adventure
Only 300 Tickets will be sold for this event.
Tickets are discounted at $35 until 5 p.m. on February 9 OR $45 at Will Call on February 10.
Designated Driver (No Alcohol) Tickets are $25 until 5 p.m. February 9 OR $35 at Will Call on February 10.
Passport Tickets: www.BrownPaperTickets.com/event/3219800
This event typically attracts 300 attendees with an average age of 25-60 from Escondido and neighboring cities. Both couples, as well as groups of friends with “Sweet Tooth’s” are drawn to this event. They are chocolate eating, often wine and beer drinking, friendly people who like to experience something different, all the while, supporting small local businesses.