Friday was the last day to qualify to run for public office in Escondido in the November general election.
The following candidates qualified in their districts:
City Council District 2
- Tina Inscoe
- Vanessa Valenzuela
- Rick Paul
City Council District 3
- Dara Czerwonka
- Don Greene
- Joe Garcia
City Council District 4
- Mike Morasco
- Andres Yanez
- April Pugh
- Doug Shultz
Lastly, Susan Reveles pulled nomination paperwork for City Council District 3. Since Councilmember Diaz is not running for re-election, the filing deadline for District 3 has been extended to August 12, at 5 p.m. Therefore, Ms. Reveles has until Wednesday to submit her nomination paperwork.
Other elections of interest within the city include:
Rincon Del Diablo Municipal Water District
- David Drake, engineer, small businessman, is elected unopposed.
- Incumbent Diana Towne is being challenged by Kim Inki Welch.
Escondido Union School District
Trustee Area 1
- Incumbent Douglas Paulson was the only one to file, so he is automatically elected.
Trustee Area 3
- Incumbent Joe Muga and challenger Mark D. Olson, an educator/recreation director, will face off in the November election.
Trustee Area 5, short term
- Frank Huston, appointed incumbent and Daniel Barajas will be on the ballot in November.
Escondido Union High School District
Trustee Area 3
- Incumbent Christi Knight will be defending her seat against Michelle Golding, a senior technology manager.
Trustee Area 4
- Incumbent (and current board president) Dane M. White will be defending his seat against Eric Rodarte, a construction estimator and Ogechi S. Okereke.