Escondido, CA
Cloudy
Cloudy
53°F

5 COVID-19 cases in Escondido

According to a new data source available from the County of San Diego, it is now possible to see how many cases of the COVID-19 are in each community.

As of Monday evening, there were five cases of the outbreak in Escondido. That compares to the overall total of 230 confirmed cases in San Diego County since February 14. Of those cases, one person has died.

Those interested in following such data can visit San Diego County’s website: click here

19 responses to “5 COVID-19 cases in Escondido”

1. Debra says:

Social distancing must be enforced

2. Heather says:

This is fear mongering. In SD county in 2019-20, 19903 people were diagnosed with the flu and 93 people died. That’s a mortality rate of 0.4%. Nobody batted an eye. 1 person has died of Coronavirus out of 230 people. That is the same mortality rate.
    www.sandiegocounty.gov/hhsa/programs/phs/community_epidemiology/dc/influenza.html

• Joseph Cordero says:

I agree but right now, we can’t get folks to understand that much less, accept. We don’t think clearly when we’re scared and that’s what’s happening.

3. Diane Tells His Name says:

Check me on this but the person who died was a San Diego “resident” who passed away in a hospital in Santa Clarita? He had returned from a vacation in Hawaii and fell ill and was not in San Diego before if during his illness.

4. Phil pugh says:

What area of Escondido?

5. Why doesn’t Escondido get the old Palomar hospital ready, the piping for oxygen is
    already in each room.not sure about beds.

6. Its still gonna spread if drive thru food services are open cause people touching the bags or money and your less than 3 feet from each other also liquor stores AMPM n 711 stores and mexican market or stores Its still gonna spread slowly but surely un less everybody and places are completely locked down or isolated for 3 weeks that could help wipe out the virus if not mankind will be taken over Biggest problems are the prisons jails and releasing them its gonna create a mess like the AB109 paroles releases what happened that didnt help too much cause there was more problems

• Common sense says:

Fast food restaurants should be practicing food handling protocols and I’m sure new health safety regimes. Yes making your own food is probably the best but getting food from the grocery store is about the same as getting food from a restaurant. All containers and bags that have been handled by grocery or food service personnel can be disposed of. The food inside can be washed our microwaved too remove germs. And, As long as you wash your hands diligently before handling and after, you should avoid contamination, if any exist.

7. Can people walk where there are not any people? My husband and I walk as a form of exercise but are concerned whether we should or not.
    Thanks

8. Sherri Morphis says:

In the County chart of COVID-19 cases, where does the area of Hidden Meadows fall? We are considered county.
    Thank you!

9. I am concerned about the lack of infection control being provided to employees and customers at stores that remain open. My sons both are working in customer service and when returning home are in direct contact with young children and older adults. No masks are provided and there is no barrier at checkout. My oldest son works at a grocery store. He was discouraged from wearing a mask and told it would scare the customers. My second son works at an Auto Store, there is no barrier, customers come within 2 feet when checking out. I have emailed and called both companies and am told there is no infection control measures being taking. As the numbers of infected grows it does not appear those that come in contacted with their families are being protected.

• Laura Carstoiu says:

I am afraid to go get groceries anywhere. There is no consistent protocol for stores. A worker at Albertsons now has the virus. I’d like to see all staff wearing masks and gloves. That is a lot less scary. I heard you can’t bring your own bags anymore. Where’s the new Gov? He should be taking charge of this situation. Drive through at Starbucks, girl had no gloves on but said she wasn’t allowed to touch my atm card! That’s what l mean. Nothing feels safe out there, yet l need to go shopping sooner or later. What abouf laundromats? Are they sanitized? Are people spacing themselves apart? You can see how this virus will spread all oved. Then l read city parks still open. Huh??

10. Matthew Logan says:

You report this with no evidence.

11. Sam says:

So social distances can’t help the past

12. JAYDOGG SULLIVAN says:

I wonder how old they are?

13. Lisa A Nellom says:

I’ve been sick for awhile I have Lupus, Rheumatoid arthritis and COPD, where can I please get tested, my primary doctor asked me to go to the ER and get tested, but I have to move out of the house I’ve been renting cause the owner is trying to sale it and I have to be out by the 1st I have been verbally notified only…I don’t want to leave my belongings and end up hospitalized… and my belongings disappear, I work for IHSS and my patient is my live in fiancee he has Parkinson’s and is disabled…he now has a cough too. Help!?

• Common sense says:

You cannot just be told to leave your place of residence. It must be in writing If this becomes an issue, Call the police. If you think you’ve been exposed to the coronavirus, follow your doctor’s advice and go to the emergency room, anyway you can. A cough is only one indication that you may be ill from the virus COVID 19. Wear a mask, to minimize your exposure to & from other people you might contact. Wear gloves if it makes you feel safe. Just be prepared to use sanitizer after you touch stuff. At every opportunity, wash your hands and your gloves. Good luck!

14. Annie Graham says:

Is there an update on the virus numbers?