Escondido Union High School District has honored Lupe Sanchez as the EUHSD Classified Employee of the Year 2017.
For over 18 years, Lupe Sanchez has arrived early in the morning to greet students attending Orange Glen High School. As the Student Attendance Technician, she frequently interacts not only with students, but often with parents, teachers and counselors. She is very knowledgeable about attendance procedures and laws, and is able to reinforce to students the importance of attending school regularly and on time. Lupe serves as a resource to all, most especially English Learners.
On any given day, Sanchez can be found inspiring students with poor attendance, motivating students to do their best, or volunteering in a variety of capacities on campus and in the community. Her strong leadership skills, genuine concern for students and positive attitude have made her an asset to Orange Glen High School, as well as to the district.
Nominees for Classified Employee of the Year were also recognized:
- Carolyn Rudge (Escondido Adult School, Laboratory Classroom Assistant)
- Lucas Paolella (Del Lago Academy, Network Support Technician)
- Adriana Meyer (Escondido High School, Clerk II)
- Vicki Petta (San Pasqual High School, Instructional Assistant IV)
- Kim Lane (District Service Center, Payroll Technician)